JOB OPENING: Account Executive, Sales
The Chicago Sun-Times is a distinctly Chicago company that believes in the future of media and delivering relevant content in innovative ways to create value and connect with new and future media generations.
The Chicago Sun-Times sales team exists to supercharge our client relationships, using a consultative approach to truly understand their business, the challenges they face and fuel their growth objectives through creative solutions.
Account Executive: High-performing, high energy and customer focused media executive who is passionate about growing businesses, and delivering results in a quickly evolving digital environment.
- Develop new & grow existing business for Chicago Sun-Times media solutions using strong business acumen, and consultative approach, you will work with key stakeholders to build client relationships and increase revenues
- Manage sales materials and development and coordinate partnership propositions including custom content, sponsorships
- Liaise closely with internal product teams
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue goals with existing and new accounts
- Generate and qualify leads, prospect and close business
- Self driven, highly motivated, and innovative thinking
- High achievers will have at least 5 years of proven track record, able to demonstrate consultative solution sales skills
- Background in media sales, advertising, media/marketing solutions, or digital media sales
- Deep understanding of media business (digital, mobile, print) including key decision makers, business models, competitive forces, and strategic issues
- Agency contacts and client relationships
- Experience working with large accounts and comfortable selling across marketing organizations to multiple decision makers including C-level
- Strong face to face, phone based communication and presentation skills
- Savvy sales people with a passion for growing business
What We Offer
- A friendly bunch of hard working talented colleagues in a creative, fun environment
- Work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players who have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity
- Opportunity to work with a team of forward thinking professionals in a collaborative, sharing, positive culture
- Competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunity to be part of an iconic brand, and turnaround success story!
To apply for this job, send a confidential cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Account Executive, Sales” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.