JOB OPENING: AnswersMedia, Director Strategic Relationships, Sales | Chicago, IL
AnswersMedia is the creative services unit of The Chicago Sun-Times. AnswersMedia represents our expanding set of marketing services including content strategy, narrative consulting, storytelling and branded content creation for our clients.
The Chicago Sun-Times sales team exists to supercharge our client relationships, using a consultative approach to truly understand their business, the challenges they face and fuel their growth objectives through creative solutions. We are currently seeking a Director Strategic Relationships to scale business. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with direct experience (ideally in both publishing and advertising content), who can lead, adapt and thrive in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment.
Director of Strategic Relationships: High-performing, high energy and customer focused executive who is passionate about growing businesses, and delivering results in a quickly evolving technology driven industry.
- Develop new & grow existing business for Chicago Sun-Times media solutions using strong business acumen, and consultative approach, you will work with key stakeholders to build client relationships and increase revenues
- Work directly with senior clients to identify the problem to be solved and the objectives to be achieved
- Collaborate closely with the AnswersMedia executive team to ideate, build, and pitch proposals
- Work closely with and educate the CST sales force on content trends and opportunities
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue goals with existing and new accounts
- Generate and qualify leads, prospect and close business
- Self driven, highly motivated, and innovative thinking
- High achievers will have at least 5-10 experience in a business development role, with a proven track record, strong leaderships skills, and ability to work with senior client teams
- Extensive knowledge of media landscape, especially branded content
- Agency and client contacts and relationships
- Experience working with large accounts and comfortable selling across marketing organizations to multiple decision makers including C-level
- Strong face to face, communication and presentation skills
- Savvy sales people with a passion for growing business
What We Offer
- A friendly bunch of hard working talented colleagues in a creative, fun environment
- Work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players who have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity
- Opportunity to work with a team of forward thinking professionals in a collaborative, sharing, positive culture
- Competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunity to be part of an iconic brand, and turnaround success story!
To apply for this job, send a confidential cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “AnswersMedia, Director Strategic Relationships” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.