JOB OPENING: Circulation Sales Manager
A self-motivated, sales-oriented team player needed to execute various sales programs that are focused on building home delivery and single copy circulation for the Chicago Sun Times. The Circulation Sales Manager is directly responsible for growing digital and print circulation by retaining current customers, gaining new customers, and improving single copy sales of the newspaper.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for executing a number of programs which would include but not be limited to telemarketing, direct mail, email, and NIE.
- Needs to be able to achieve acquisition goals while attaining or exceeding revenue plan and reducing expenses.
- Ensure tracking and monitoring systems are in place to effectively measure customer service retention programs and their productivity.
- Accountable for collecting and manipulating data, interpreting metrics and making recommendations on sales growth strategies.
- Responsible for administering promotional and marketing efforts.
- Newspaper subscription sales experience or related fields a must.
- Bachelors degree or three to five years commensurate experience required.
- Strong work ethic reflected in goal management, communication and leadership skills.
- Must be highly organized, creative thinker and self-motivated.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
This is an exempt (non-union) position. Sun-Times Media Production, LLC does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.