JOB OPENING: Digital Content Producer – Video Editor/Animator
CLOSED: We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
The Chicago Sun-Times is a distinctly Chicago news organization, with a laser focus on impactful investigations, sports, politics, and reporting stories that matter to the working men and women of Chicago. We’re hiring an energetic digital whiz to help our team of experienced journalists at the Chicago Sun-Times and the Reader share content in unique and bold ways. Using new, multi-platform production and delivery capabilities, this person will help us meet our news consumers where they are and provide our advertising partners with real value.
Note: This is not an entry-level position. However, recent college grads with strong portfolios from internships will be considered.
- Edit video for online news articles following the best practices of SEO, storytelling and audience engagement
- Produce stand-alone videos to explain complex subjects or illustrate consumer-friendly topics
- Animate graphics in bold ways that engage the audience
- Create multimedia content to enhance daily news coverage (i.e. video, graphics, text images, live streams, slideshows, social media embeds)
- Manage social media, optimizing for sharing and engagement, thanking followers and responding to audience, as needed
- Assist in creation of new content in studio or in the field, as needed
- Solid editorial judgment and ethics
- Keen eye for graphic design
- Ability to tell stories in multimedia formats
- Capacity to edit quickly under deadline pressure
- Working knowledge of all social media and digital platforms, including best practices and trends
- Ability to learn and collaborate in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years professional experience in digital news and/or video production, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Interactive Media, Marketing or related field
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite or Final Cut Pro
- Working knowledge of WordPress, a plus
- Highly self-motivated with a passion to win
This is a non-exempt (union) position. Sun-Times Media Productions, LLC does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.
Send a confidential cover letter, links to at least 3 examples of work and resume with “Digital Content Producer – Video Editor/Animator” in the subject line to: email@example.com