JOB OPENING: Digital Content Producer
CLOSED: We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
The Chicago Sun-Times is a distinctly Chicago news organization, with a laser focus on impactful investigations, sports, politics, and reporting stories that matter to the working men and women of Chicago. We’re hiring a dynamic digital leader to help our team of experienced journalists at the Chicago Sun-Times and the Reader share content in the digital space in unique and bold ways. Using new, multi-platform production and delivery capabilities, this person will help us meet our news consumers where they are and provide our advertising partners with real value. Join the team of the hardest-working paper in America.
- Write, edit and publish online news articles following the best practices of SEO, storytelling and audience engagement
- Curate home and section pages of Chicago Sun-Times website to showcase most relevant, timely and popular content
- Manage Sun-Times / Reader social media, optimizing for sharing and engagement, thanking followers and responding to audience
- Create multimedia content to enhance daily news coverage (i.e. video, graphics, text images, live streams, slideshows, social media embeds)
- Send breaking news alerts, as needed
- Field producing, as needed
- Solid editorial judgment and ethics
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to tell stories in multimedia formats
- Capacity to keep cool under deadline pressure
- Working knowledge of all social media and digital platforms, including best practices
- Ability to learn quickly and collaborate in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years experience in digital news
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and/or Sprout Social, a plus
- Highly self-motivated with a passion to win
This is a non-exempt (union) position. Sun-Times Media Production, LLC does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.
Send a confidential cover letter, links to at least 3 examples of work and resume with “Digital Content Producer” in the subject line to: email@example.com