JOB OPENING: Print and Digital Email Marketing Editor and Strategist
The Sun-Times is looking for a savvy, data and deadline-driven email marketing strategist to expand our print and digital subscriber base. The ideal candidate has proven experience expanding, iterating on, and right-sizing lists, and demonstrates a passion for our current products and future product pipeline. This candidate will be primarily focused on learning and expanding the audience for the Sun-Times, managing the customer relationship with integrity, and broadening our impact and digital footprint in the Chicagoland market.
- Develop and execute innovative campaigns to exponentially grow our digital presence and incrementally grow our print products
- Create and edit copy for newsletter and other digital campaigns
- Manage partnerships alongside the marketing team
- Interpret analytics related to audience development and growth
- Develop strategies for revenue growth, in partnership with circulation and advertising teams
- Collaborate with the newsroom to better target emails to specific audiences
- At least 5 years of work experience, with at least 3 years of digital experience in journalism, communication, or political advocacy
- Evidence-based track record growing specific audiences through email
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven proficiency in 3rd party email service providers
- A/B testing experience
- Working knowledge of newsroom operations
- Excellent judgment and high integrity
Interested? Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Email Marketing Editor and Strategist in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
This is a non-union (exempt) position. Sun-Times Media Productions LLC does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.