JOB OPENING: Event Co-Planner/Producer
CLOSED: We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member to help produce/plan events from conception through to completion. This candidate must have outstanding customer service and organizational skills, and a willingness to problem solve.
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits and within budget
- Organize and gather contracts from vendors
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Experience with planning and executing events
- Producing skills with the ability to coordinate technical needs, and perform on site inspections
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and take direction
- MS Office proficiency
- Willing to submit references from previous clients
- BS in Event Management, PR/Communications or related field preferred but not required
This is an exempt (non-union) position. Sun-Times Media Production, LLC does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.