JOB OPENING: Executive Producer – New Media
CLOSED: We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
The Chicago Sun-Times is a distinctly Chicago news organization, with a laser focus on impactful investigations, sports, politics, and reporting stories that matter to the working men and women of Chicago. We’re hiring a dynamic digital leader to help our team of experienced journalists at the Chicago Sun-Times and the Reader create content in the digital space in unique and bold ways. Using new, multi-platform production and delivery capabilities, this person will help us meet our news consumers where they are and provide our advertising partners with real value.
- Identify opportunities for the Sun-Times and the Reader to create captivating content for new audiences
- Research ideal customer, addressable market and revenue model to make a compelling business case for new products and partnerships
- Coach staff and identify new talent to bring these innovative content segments to life
- Supervise crew and producers needed to support launch of new editorial initiatives through creation of prototypes
- Partner with sales team to support signature events, products and programming
- Solid editorial judgment and ethics
- Strong photo, video and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to create stories in multimedia formats
- Student of the latest technologies and most creative approaches to multimedia storytelling
- Ability to manage projects in a fast-paced environment, helping staff set and reach goals
- 7+ years management and/or teaching experience in television or video production, with track record of creating successful news series, programs or products
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
- Start-up experience, highly preferred
- Working knowledge of WordPress, a plus
This is an exempt (non-union) position. Sun-Times Media Productions, LLC does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.
Send a confidential cover letter, links to at least 3 examples of work and resume with “Executive Producer – New Media” in the subject line to: email@example.com