JOB OPENING: Payroll Manager
The Payroll Manager is responsible for ensuring the biweekly processing of the company’s payroll. Essential duties include ensuring the accurate calculation of wages, tax withholdings, and company deductions and payment of wages to employees. The Payroll Manager directs the activities of a Payroll Clerk.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and oversee the accurate and timely payment of wages to employees.
- Ensure that the processing of new hires, temporary workers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
- Ensure the proper withholding and remittance of federal, state and local taxes and the timely production and distribution of W-2s and 1095s.
- Ensure the proper withholding of employee deductions and garnishments and transmittal to the appropriate authorities.
- Ensure that union contract payroll terms are appropriately adhered to.
- Develop and communicate organization-wide Payroll policies and procedures. Partner with Human Resources in developing and communicating policies and procedures to employees.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- 3+ years’ experience, experience with union contracts is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Experience with payroll system software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality and interact professionally with all levels of employees.
- Strong mathematical and communication skills.
Interested? Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Payroll Manager in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
This is a non-union (exempt) position. Sun-Times Media Productions LLC does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.