Herman Cain: “I have never sexually harrased anyone.”

SHARE Herman Cain: “I have never sexually harrased anyone.”
SHARE Herman Cain: “I have never sexually harrased anyone.”

WASHINGTON–GOP White House hopeful Herman Cain said he “never sexually harassed anyone” while at the National Restaurant Association but did confirm there was an in-house investigation of his conduct.

Cain is enjoying front-runner status in the crowded 2012 Republican field and as a result, “the bullseye on my back is getting bigger,” he told a crowded lunch speech at the National Press Club. The speech, long booked, came as Politico published a story alleging the NRA paid a settlement to workers as a result of harassment charges.

“In all my over 40 years of business experience,…I have never sexually harassed anyone…. At the NRA, I was accused of sexually harrassement. Falsely accused, I might add,” he said.

Cain said he recused himself from a probe of the alleged incidents conducted by the NRA.

“I am not aware of a settlement. I hope it is not for much because I did not do anything. ..I have never sexually harrased anyone and those accusations are totally false.”

folo me on Twitter: @lynnsweet

My Twitter feeds from the lunch….

#HermanCain #npclunch closed with a gospel-style song, great velvet voice.

2 minutes ago Favorite Reply Delete

“This many white people can’t pretend that they like me,” #HermanCain #npclunch, asked about the racism in the U.S. today.

10 minutes ago Favorite Reply Delete

#HermanCain #npclunch: “I am not aware of a settlement. . …I have never sexually harrased anyone and those accusations are totally false.”

31 minutes ago Favorite Reply Delete

twitpic.com/78vrk4 – Riffing with no notes: #Herman Cain #npclunch. Wrongly says applause is from reporters.

50 minutes ago Favorite Reply Delete

twitpic.com/78vpuj – After “Todays news stories, really know what its like 2b number 1,” #HermanCain #npclunch

53 minutes ago Favorite Reply Delete

twitpic.com/78vl1x – #Hermancain holding “999” cupcake @npc lunch. Cain about to start speaking.

1 hour ago Favorite Reply Delete

twitpic.com/78v8ja – #HermanCain has kid aide, red rope blocking anyone from approaching his side of head table

1 hour ago Favorite Reply Delete

twitpic.com/78v6l9 – #HermanCain gets frontrunner attention before #National Press Club speech. Packed room.

1 hour ago Favorite Reply Delete

#HermanCain COS Mark Block at #NationalPressClub scrum w/ press before speech says Cain don’t know nothing about sexual harrassment charges.

The Latest
A local man opened fire at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, about 85 miles west of San Antonio.
It was a bleak picture painted by the half of the GOP primary field — venture capitalist Jesse Sullivan, businessman Gary Rabine and state Sen. Darren Dailey — who squared off during a live debate hosted by WGN-TV.
Candace Parker led the way with 16 points, six rebounds, seven assists, three blocks and three steals.
During a rapid-fire “yes or no,” segment, Max Solomon and Paul Schimpf agreed that the events at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021 were not an “insurrection.” But Richard Irvin touted his credentials as a lawyer and said, “I don’t think it’s a ‘yes or no’ question.”