As we count down the minutes until the Bears’ season-opener against the Cincinnati Bengals, here’s a look at all today’s Sun-Times coverage:
• Here’s our season predictions.
• How the Bears and Bengals matchup, with our staff picks for today.
• Adam Jahns’ Playbook section focuses on Mel Tucker’s tweaks to a new, old defense.
• Mark Potash said Bears have more playmakers than before.
• Rick Morissey says the Bears’ mystery beats what they’ve had lately.
• I wrote about Alshon Jeffery losing a boatload of body fat this offseason.
• And finally, here’s what Mike Ditka had to say.
Federal pandemic relief funding has papered over long-standing issues, but that money is set to run out in two years.
A letter from Democrats to President Biden calls for holding the 2024 convention in the Midwest to bolster the ‘blue wall’ states that reliably cast votes for the party’s ticket.
COPA is investigating how the officers handled guns seized on the street. The officers were stripped of their police powers last week, according to a police spokesperson.
The attempts to hobble the Torture Inquiry and Relief Commission, which has uncovered case after case of credible allegations of torture and has hundreds of cases still to investigate, should stop.
“Embiid has it wrapped up this year, in my opinion,” LaVine said during the Bulls’ shootaround Wednesday.