clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Man dies after Whiting fire

(WHITING, Ind.) A man died early Thursday after a fire at his northwest Indiana home.

Alan Lewandowski, 57, suffered burns and smoke inhalation during a fire at his home in the 1200 block of 121st Street in Whiting, according to a statement from the Lake County, Ind., coroner’s office.

Landowski was pronounced dead at the scene at 4:07 a.m., the coroner’s office said.

The Whiting Fire Department could not immediately be reached for further details Thursday morning.