clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Man, 72, dies in NW Indiana house fire

(HAMMOND, Ind.) A 72-year-old man died in a fire at his home last week in northwest Indiana.

The fire happened in the 3600 block of Sheffield Avenue in Hammond, Ind., the Lake County coroner’s office said in a statement released early Tuesday.

The unidentified man was pronounced dead at the scene at 12:30 a.m. Dec. 22, the coroner’s office said. An autopsy found he died of smoke inhalation and burns.

The Hammond Fire Department could not immediately be reached for more details.