(WHEATON) No one was hurt in a Wheaton garage fire Tuesday night that may have been caused by embers from a fire pit.
Crews were called to the 1200 block of East Lowden about 5 p.m. and found a fire in a detached garage, according to a statement from the Wheaton Fire Department.
The flames were under control within 15 minutes, but the fire caused extensive damage to the garage and minor damage to the exterior of two nearby homes, fire officials said.
The fire appears to be accidental, and may have been related to the disposal of embers from a recreational fire pit, the fire department said.
No one was hurt, and the fire caused about $10,000 in damage, officials said.