Couple sues Chicago White Sox after attack in parking lot

SHARE Couple sues Chicago White Sox after attack in parking lot

Two people who claim they were attacked in a U.S. Cellular Field parking lot after a baseball game last year have filed a lawsuit against the Chicago White Sox, claiming the lot did not have proper security.

Kenneth and Michelle Budka filed the lawsuit Thursday in Cook County Circuit Court.

After the White Sox game July 19, 2014, the couple was returning to their car in Lot #277 and came upon three men urinating on their vehicle, according to the lawsuit.

When Kenneth Budka approached the men, he and Michelle Budka were “violently attacked, beaten, punched and kicked” by the men, the suit claims. The men are also named as defendants in the suit.

The couple did not receive assistance or intervention from security guards, the suit said.

The White Sox and the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority were responsible for providing security and supervision of the parking lots, so that customers would be safe before and after the games, the suit claims. The organizations, both of which are also named as defendants, failed to provide reasonably trained security personnel to prevent or stop attacks on White Sox customers, the suit said.

The two-count suit claims battery and negligence and is seeking at least $100,000 in damages.

A representative from the White Sox said the club does not respond publicly to active litigation.

The Latest
The Sky could regain control of the No. 1 seed with a win Sunday against the Phoenix Mercury and an Aces loss to the Seattle Storm.
In 17 games before the break, Copper was averaging 13.8 points (44.4% shooting) and 5.1 rebounds. In 12 games since, she was averaging 17.8 points (50% shooting) and 6.8 rebounds.
The Blue Devils’ seniors believe everything is back in its right place now that quarterback Adam Behrens has returned.
Cubs-Reds at Field of Dreams Stadium didn’t hook a grouchy grinch at first, but in the end it delivered.