Seven people were sent to a hospital with “minor medical issues” following a HazMat incident in northwest suburban South Elgin.
Emergency crews were called to the 300 block of South Randall Road shortly after 11 a.m. Monday “for a reported Hazardous Material Incident,” according to a statement from South Elgin police.
Authorities soon learned that a small bottle of chloroform and a bleach mixture were found on the floor, police said.
Seven people were taken to St. Joseph Hospital in Elgin with “minor medical issues,” police said. Their conditions were not disclosed.