Burglars target homes in Beverly, Morgan Park
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Police are warning residents about a series of home burglaries since last month in the Beverly and Morgan Park neighborhoods on the Far South Side.
In each break-in, someone entered a house and stole electronics and jewelry from inside, according to a community alert from Chicago police. In four of the five incidents, the suspect or suspects entered through an unlocked front door or open window.
The burglaries occurred:
- Aug. 24 in the 2400 block of West 107th Street;
- Between Spe.t 4 and Sept. 10 in the 2300 block of West 109th Street;
- Sept. 7 in the 10700 block of South Washtenaw;
- Sept. 12 in the 10900 block of South Campbell; and
- Sept. 17 in the 10400 block of South Longwood.
Anyone with information about the break-ins was asked to call Area South detectives at (312) 747-8273.