DES MOINES — Hillary Clinton’s campaign on Thursday unveiled a roll of key Illinois Democratic National Committee backers, super delegates who will cast votes for her at the DNC convention in Philadelphia.
That means that Clinton has a running start in collecting delegates from the Illinois primary on March 15.
“We’re honored to have the support from these party leaders who know that Hillary Clinton is the only candidate who can stop Republicans from ripping away all of the progress we’ve made,” said Marlon Marshall, Hillary for America director of state campaigns and political engagement, said in a statement.
“These DNC members will only strengthen our grassroots-driven campaign and help us engage even more voters across Illinois in order to win the March 15th primary.”
These DNC members announced their support today:
- Ald. Carrie Austin
- Former Congressman Jerry Costello
- State Senate President John Cullerton
- Rajiv Fernando, CEO of Scoutahead
- John Keller, Young Democrats of America DNC National Committeeman
- Educator Jayne Mazzotti
- Steven Powell, secretary-treasurer and UFCW International cice president
- Chicago Cubs co-owner Laura Ricketts
- State Sen. Carol Ronen
- Karen Yarbrough, Cook County recorder of deeds and vice chair of Illinois Democratic Party