Police seek Dodge Caravan thief in Avondale, Kilbourn Park
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Police were warning Northwest Side residents about a series of recent motor vehicle thefts in the Avondale and Kilbourn Park neighborhoods.
The stolen vehicles — four of five of which were Dodge Caravans — were parked on the street when they were taken, according to an alert from Chicago police.
The incidents occurred:
- between 9 p.m. Oct. 29 and 8:30 a.m. Oct. 30 in the 3300 block of North Ridgeway Avenue;
- between 8:30 p.m. Oct. 31 and 6:20 a.m. Nov. 1 in the 3300 block of North Harding Avenue;
- about 8:53 p.m. Nov. 1 in the 3300 block of North Hamlin Avenue;
- about 9:31 p.m. Nov. 1 in the 3300 block of North Hamlin Avenue; and
- between 7 p.m. Nov. 1 and 7 a.m. Nov. 2 in the 3400 block of North Lowell Avenue.
Anyone with information was asked to call Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.