The Nov. 6 midterm election is 34 days away.
Here are the political events scheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 3 in Chicago and across Illinois.
• 8:15 a.m. — Mayor Rahm Emanuel will join C.H. Robinson to open a new office in Chicago, 1515 W. Webster Ave.
• 9 a.m. — Families of gun violence victims sue Gov. Bruce Rauner. 77 W. Washington St.
• 9:30 a.m. — State Rep. Theresa Mah, D-Chicago, and State Senate candidate Ram Villivalam join members of the Pan-Asian Voter Empowerment (PAVE) Coalition to launch the OUR FAMILIES campaign for the Asian American community. At 2600 W. Devon.
• 2 p.m. — Sean Casten, 6th District Congressional candidate challenging incumbent Peter Roskam, will join Chad Griffin, president of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), and leaders from labor, environmental, civil rights, and reproductive justice organizations for a discussion on the critical importance of the IL-6 congressional race. Where: Sierra Club, 70 E Lake St #1500, Chicago IL 60601. Livestream here.
• 5:30 p.m. — The Cook County Young Democrats, Men4Choice, the Human Rights Campaign and the Illinois Democratic County Chairs’ Association host a gubernatorial debate watch party. Old Crow Smokehouse, 149 W. Kinzie.
• 10 a.m. — Lauren Underwood, Democratic nominee for the 14th Congressional District seat, joins local LGBTQ leaders and allies for a discussion about the “crucial importance” of her race to unseat incumbent Rep. Randy Hultgren (R-Ill.) Location: Nosh, 22 N. 3rd St., Geneva, with Human Rights Campaign.
• 12 p.m. — Democratic Party of Illinois Executive Director Christian Mitchell and families impacted by Sterigenics hold a press conference condemning the actions of the company owned by Gov. Bruce Rauner. In front of the James R. Thompson Center, 100 W. Randolph St. Background: After a press conference outside gubernatorial candidate J.B. Pritzker’s home Tuesday criticizing Pritzker for a tax “scheme” uncovered in a Sun-Times report, a Pritzker campaign spokeswoman said Illinoisans should instead focus on “calling for an investigation into Sterigenics.”
• 5:15 p.m. — Lauren Underwood, Democratic nominee for the 14th Congressional District seat, hosts a ribbon-cutting with the Kendall County Democratic Party to announce the opening of their joint office. Location: Lauren Underwood for Congress Oswego Office, 74 W. Van Buren St.
• 6 p.m. — The second of three media-sponsored debates between Democratic gubernatorial candidate J.B. Pritzker and Gov. Bruce Rauner. Sponsored by ABC 7, Univision and League of Women Voters. What to expect: Failure and fraud likely themes when Rauner, Pritzker meet for second debate by Tina Sfondeles.
Would you like to get our daily rundown of Illinois political events by email? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org