Several robberies reported in West Town
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Police are warning residents of a recent spate of robberies over the past week in the West Town neighborhood.
In each of the six incidents, a man approaches the victim while they’re near a vehicle, pulls out a silver handgun and takes their property, according to Chicago police.
One incident was described as an attempted sexual assault. The man directed the female victim into a gangway, told her to undress and then searched through her purse, police said. The victim screamed until the man left the scene.
The incidents happened:
- about 6:10 a.m. Friday in the 200 block of North Hoyne Avenue;
- about 6 a.m. Friday in the 2000 block of West Lake Street;
- about 6:20 a.m. Thursday in the 2200 block of West Lake Street;
- about 6:10 a.m. Thursday in the 500 block of North Leavitt Street;
- about 2:30 a.m. Monday in the 2100 block of West Hubbard Street; and
- about 1 a.m. Monday in the 2300 block of West Fulton Street.
Anyone with information asked to call detectives at (312) 747-8380.