String of home burglaries reported in East Chatham
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Police are warning residents about a series of home burglaries over the past month in the East Chatham neighborhood on the South Side.
In each case, someone has kicked in the door to a home and stolen televisions and other electronics from within, according to a community alert from Chicago police. The break-ins typically happened while residents were at work.
The burglaries occurred:
- Between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Nov. 5 in the 900 block of East 81st Street;
- Between Nov. 6 and Nov. 7 in the 8200 block of South Ellis;
- Between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 8000 block of South Maryland;
- Between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. Nov. 15 in the 8000 block of South Maryland;
- Between Nov. 21 and Nov. 22 in the 8200 block of South Ingleside; and
- Between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Dec. 3 in the 900 block of East 80th St.
Anyone with information was asked to call Area South detectives at (312) 747-8273.