If a photo is worth a thousand words, how many is a GIF of a politician worth?
We’ve seen some spectacular ones in 2014, so here’s a look at our favorites, ranked:
10. There was that time New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie didn’t approve of a question someone asked Bruce Rauner on the campaign trail:
9. During CNN’s “Chicagoland” series, a young, shirtless Mayor Rahm Emanuel showed up:
8. Gov. Pat Quinn decided to dance at a Jackie Robinson West watch party:
7. Rauner also got in on the Jackie Robinson West action:
6. We can’t forget about the time Republican Sen. Mitch McConnell brandished a rifle at the Conservative Political Action Conference:
5. Vice President Joe Biden, as part of a White House promotion pushing Obamacare:
4. How about some awkward swaying/singing on Capitol Hill?
3. In one of the more disgusting things captured in 2014, Democratic Florida Rep. Joe Garcia picked some earwax … and then:
2. New York Mayor Bill de Blasio dropped a groundhog (which later died):
1. And the winner, without a doubt, is Biden doing his thing at the State of the Union address: