Battery may have caused fire that killed man, 93, in Ashburn
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
An electric wheelchair battery could be to blame for a fire that killed a 93-year-old man Tuesday in Ashburn.
Walter Haton died at Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park after the fire in the 3300 block of West 83rd Place.
Authorities think a lithium battery used to power an electric wheelchair started the fire, Chicago Fire Department spokesman Larry Langford.