Political daybook in Illinois and Chicago on Oct. 23
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
The Nov. 6 midterm election is 14 days away, but Chicago’s already got its focus on the race for mayor. We’re keeping track of it midterm elections with the Sun-Times voting guide, and the growing list of mayoral candidates here.
Here are the political events scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 23 in Chicago and across Illinois.
- 11:30 a.m. — Gov. Bruce Rauner tours Chicago Hope Academy and speaks with students about the Invest in Kids program. Chicago Hope Academy, 2189 W. Bowler St.
- 10:30 a.m. – Obama CBA Coalition to kick off referendum petition drive to ask voters if they support an “Anti Displacement CBA Ordinance” and denounces CIty Council OPC ordinance.6230 S. Cottage Grove.
- 11:30 a.m. — Candidate for mayor Lori Lightfoot speaks at the City Club of Chicago. 111 W. Grand Ave.
- 12 p.m. — Sen. Dick Durbin speaks at the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence 2018 Abraham Lincoln Awards Luncheon. University Club of Chicago, 76 E. Monroe St.
- 2 p.m. — A week after endorsing Amara Enyia for mayor, Chance the Rapper is joining her at a rally this afternoon on the South Side. Enyia and Chance will host the event from 2-3 p.m. at 63rd Street and Cottage Grove Avenue in Woodlawn.
- 5:15 p.m. — Juliana Stratton to attend a volunteer Get out the Vote event in Auburn Gresham. Mochokolait Salon, 8053 South Halsted Street.
- 9 a.m. — Sean Casten, 6th Congressional District candidate, and Jack Franks, McHenry County Chair, host a McHenry County meet and greet with voters. Rotary Building, 431 N. Walkup Road. Crystal Lake.
- 1:15 p.m. — Rauner will be doing a business town hall at Plitek, 69 Rawls Rd, Des Plaines.
- 1:30 p.m. — JB Pritzker to attend a meet and greet with college students at Benedictine University. Goodwin Hall of Leaders, 4th floor, 5700 College Road. Lisle.
Would you like to get our daily rundown of Illinois political events by email? Sign up for the daybook by filling out this short form.