Judges, pols and pals turned out in mass for Ald. Ed Burkes annual holiday fundraiser despite a federal raid of his office last week.
- “Loyalty trumps integrity in this town every time,” one attendee said.
- How detaining undocumented immigrants became a $10M cash cow for McHenry County
- Pritzker won more votes than any gov candidate since ‘Big Jim’ Thompson in 1976
- Ex-Bush Chief of Staff Sam Skinner on 41: ‘classiest person you will ever meet’
- Preckwinkle education agenda: four-year freeze on charters and school closings
- Here’s how to pay your property taxes now (if you want) — 3 months early
- Say Cheese: Pritzker and Rauner smile and try to look like they like one another
- County Board makes it easier to choose Preckwinkle successor
- Lightfoot demands that Burke step down as finance committee chairman
Here’s a look at political events scheduled for Wenesday Dec. 5.
- 10 a.m. – CTU teachers, paraprofessionals and support staff at 15 charter schools run to hold press conference and rally on second day of strike. Chicago Board of Education, 42 West Madison Street.
- 10:30 a.m. – The Chicago Board of Education holds its December meeting at the Chicago Public Schools office, 42 W. Madison St.
- Noon – Lt. Gov. Evelyn Sanguinetti chairs Gov. Bruce Rauner’s Rural Affairs Council quarterly meeting. Thompson Center, 100 W. Randolph St., 15th floor, Suite 15-200.
- 11 a.m. EST — Funeral service for former President George H.W. Bush at the National Cathedral in D.C. Gov. Bruce Rauner will attend.
Would you like to get our daily rundown of Illinois political events by email? Sign up for the daybook by filling out this short form.