Political daybook in Illinois and Chicago on Nov. 7
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Yesterday was the Nov. 6 midterm election. Catch up on the results from yesterday’s city, county and state races on our interactive election results page.
Here are the political events scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 7 in Chicago and across Illinois.
- 10 a.m. — Mayor Rahm Emanuel presides over a City Council meeting. City Hall, 121 N. LaSalle St.
- 12 p.m. — Cook County Board President and Chicago mayoral candidate Toni Preckwinkle, state Reps. Celina Villanueva, Lisa Hernandez, Linda Chapa La Via, Theresa May and Emanuel “Chris” Welch, state Sen.-elect Ram Villivalam, state Reps.-elect Delia Ramirez and Aaron Ortiz, Cook County Commissioner-elect Brandon Johnson and leaders with Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Chicago, Mujeres Latinas en Accion and other immigrant rights groups pledge to make Illinois the “most welcoming state in the nation.” Casa Michoacan, 1638 S. Blue Island Ave.
- 1:45 p.m. — Mayor Rahm Emanuel participates in the O’Hare International Airport Multi Modal ribbon-cutting ceremony. O’Hare International Airport, 10255 W. Zemke Blvd.
- 11:45 a.m. — Gov.-elect J.B. Pritzker and Lt. Gov.-elect Juliana Stratton thank voters. Roosevelt Orange and Green Line station, intersection of State Street and Roosevelt Road.
- 1:30 p.m. — Attorney General-elect Kwame Raoul will thank voters and speak with media following his election night victory. Valois Restaurant, 1518 E. 53rd St.
Would you like to get our daily rundown of Illinois political events by email? Sign up for the daybook by filling out this short form.