On “Catching Up With Costabile & Kenney,” Sun-Times sports reporters Annie Costabile and Madeline Kenney discuss trending topics in Chicago sports and beyond. The duo also talks about women’s sports and the adversities female athletes face. The first episode features special guest Stefanie Dolson, the Sky center, who shares her thoughts on the state of the WNBA.
- Costabile and Kenney talk about their experience drag racing. (1:10-3:29)
- NBA Finals predictions (3:30-4:35)
- Will the Drake curse affect the Raptors’ chances of winning? (4:36-8:14)
- Lucas Giolito, who was named American League Pitcher of the Month in May, has a hidden talent that might surprise you. (8:15-11:57)
- The U.S. women’s national team features four Red Stars. The team begins its quest for the World Cup on Tuesday. (12:01-19:28)
- WNBA Talk: The Sky are having their fair share of growing pains at the moment, but there is a reason to be excited about this young team. (19:29-30:20)
Dolson, the Sky’s player representative for the Women’s National Basketball Players’ Association, talked shop with Costabile and Kenney. She also shared some insight on the current collective-bargaining-agreement negotiations, what players are fighting for and how the rigors of a year-round basketball schedule can have a negative effect on WNBA players’ bodies. (30:21-46:32)