Delays possible as McHenry County road projects start Tuesday
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Drivers in northwest suburban McHenry County can expect delays starting Tuesday as several road resurfacing projects get started.
Crews will have daily lane closures and flaggers in place in order to complete the work at 10 locations, according to the Illinois Department of Transportation.
- Route 173 between Fink Road and Kennedy Street;
- Route 173 between Greenwood Road and Wilmot Road;
- Route 47 between Route 173 and State Line Road;
- Route 120 between Greenwood Road and Martin Road;
- Route 31 between Park Street and Route 120;
- Route 176 between Route 31 and the Fox River Bridge;
- Route 31 between Strong Road and U.S. 14;
- Route 47 between Route 176 and U.S. 14;
- Route 23 between U.S. 14 and 8th Avenue; and
- Route 23 between Ratfield Road and I-90
All of the projects are expected to finish by Oct. 31, according to IDOT. Motorists should expect delays and allow extra time when traveling in these areas.