Police warn of strong-arm robberies on Northwest Side
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
The police say a series of strong-arm robberies has been reported in the past week on the Northwest Side in which a man walked up to people and tried to grab their purses or wallets and, if they resisted, hit them.
According to a community alert from the police, the robberies occurred:
• At 4:35 a.m. Monday n the 6400 block of West Belmont.
• At 6:35 p.m. Tuesday in the 3100 block of North Neenah.
• At 5 p.m. Wednesday in the 2900 block of North Meade.
• At 6:50 p.m. Thursday in the 3000 block of North Rutherford.
• At 7:20 a.m. Friday in the 3900 block of North Oak Park.
• At 1:20 p.m. Friday in the 3600 block of North Sayre.