OFFICIAL LEGAL RULES
1.HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The “Survey Raffle” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is being organized by Sun-Times Media, LLC (“Sun-Times”). The Sweepstakes will run daily beginning on Monday, November 26, 2018 and ending on Friday, November 30th, 2018 (each, a “Sweepstakes Day” and, together, the “Sweepstakes Period”). For purposes of this Sweepstakes, each Sweepstakes Day will start at 12:00 AM CST and end at 11:59 PM CST. Enter the sweepstakes by going to the web site located at http://www.suntimes.com/survey completely filling out a survey/entry form, following the directions to submit the form prior to the end of the applicable Sweepstakes Day. All entrants must have a valid email address and complete all required fields on the online entry form. Limit of one (1) entry per person per Sweepstakes Period. All entries for any Sweepstakes Day must be received by 11:59 PM Central Time Zone on that Sweepstakes Day.
Entrants may not register with multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sun-Times discretion. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sun-Times reserves the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) who tampers with the entry process. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification.
Sun-Times and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates are not responsible for late, lost, delayed, unclear, incomplete, misdirected, or ineligible entries which will be disqualified or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. The computer clock of Sun-Times is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin aged 18 years or older, except employees of Sun-Times Media, LLC its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising agencies, and relatives of and those living in the same household as such employees. For the purpose of this Sweepstakes, relatives are defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS:On or about December 15th, 2018, the Sun-Times or its designated judges (whose decisions are final) will notify the first 250 eligible entries by phone or email of their prize. All eligible entries will be entered into a random drawing among all eligible entries to determine 1 (one) grand prize winner. The grand prize winner will be notified that they may have won the grand prize in this Sweepstakes by phone or email on or about December 15th, 2018. Any winner who does not provide a valid email address and phone number will forfeit his/her prize. If any prize notification, prize, or Sweepstakes communication is rejected or returned as undeliverable or if a winner cannot be reached after a reasonable attempt has been made by the Sun-Times (as determined by the Sun-Times in its sole discretion), such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Each winner’s name may be published in any of Sponsors’ or their affiliates’ publications and/or on their websites.
4. PRIZES/ODDS: During the Sweepstakes Period, there will be two hundred and fifty one (251) prizes awarded.
Each 250 prizes consists of one (1) $10 Target gift card. Each prize may only be used by a prizewinner. Prizes are only valid for the date and time stated, and cannot be exchanged, transferred or re-sold. Approximate retail value of each prize is between $10. The grand prize consists of one (1) $100 Target gift card.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $2,600. Actual values may vary. Winners will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prizes will be awarded randomly among selected winners. Winners will not be allowed to select prize. Failure to use prize after it has been accepted by a winner will not excuse the winner from having to pay taxes on the prize accepted.
Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. All prizes legitimately claimed will be awarded. No transfers, prize substitutions or cash redemptions will be made. In addition, Sun-Times reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value whether due to the unavailability of a prize or prize component, or for any other reason. Prizes are non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
Sun-Times will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates. All state, federal, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, regardless if a prize is redeemed. All travel expenses, lodging, ground transportation and any other expenses not specified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of each winner.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/REQUIREMENTS: By entering entrant agrees to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify Sun-Times and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize awarded in the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any claims for damage to property, personal injury, death or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or merchandise delivery. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. By entering, entrant further agrees that (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sun-Times Media, LLC is not responsible for any printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or any other materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
Each winner will be required (in Sun-Times sole discretion) to sign and return a claim form and an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of receipt or his/her prize may be forfeited. Each winner’s guest will also be required (in Sun Times Media LLCs’ sole discretion) to sign a liability/publicity release as directed by Sun-Times Media. In the event of noncompliance with any of the foregoing requirements, the prize may be forfeited. All prize claims, affidavits of eligibility and liability/publicity releases are subject to verification by Sponsors.
Entrants enter at their own risk and the Sun-Times is not responsible for and shall not be liable for any condition caused by events beyond their control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Sweepstakes. Sun-Times reserves the right to revise these Official Rules and/or to permanently disqualify any person it believes has violated these Official Rules.
6. GENERAL RULES: By entering the Sweepstakes (except where prohibited by law), entrants consent to the use of their names, pictures, likenesses, voices, biographical data, and/or any information contained in their entry in advertising, promotion and marketing materials throughout the world in any medium now or hereafter invented, including on the internet, by Sponsors and third party marketing entities, without additional compensation, notification, review, or approval. Sun-Times decisions will be final in all matters related to this Sweepstakes, the interpretation of these Official Rules and awarding of the prizes. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sun-Times reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. DO NOT call Sun-Times as this Sweepstakes will not be discussed by phone, except at Sun-Times sole discretion.
7. CHOICE OF LAW/VENUE. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings shall take place in Cook County, Illinois.
8.WINNERS’ LIST: For the name of the winners, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Survey Raffle Winner List, 30 N. Racine Ave. Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60607. Requests must be received no later than three (3) months following the close of the Sweepstakes.
9. SPONSORS: Sun-Times Media, LLC, 30 N. Racine Ave. Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60607