We’re celebrating the best of our city on Instagram. Check out the hashtag #thisismychi.
Here’s the deal: each week, we’ll announce a theme (trust us, they are super cool).
You post a photo on Instagram that represents your interpretation of that theme, using the hashtag #thisismychi and tagging @chicagosuntimes. Show us YOUR Chicago. That’s what we want to see.
We’ll curate the submissions and choose winners each week. Some of our favorites will be featured on @chicagosuntimes!
That’s not all! Our friends at @illinois.200 are also getting in on the fun, selecting their favorites from the submissions to help them celebrate the Illinois #BORNBUILTGROWN bicentennial on December 3.
Show us why you’re #illinoisproud and you’ll be entered to win tickets to the Illinois 200 Bicentennial party on December 3 at the United Center!
This week, we’re celebrating the rhythm of the city. Show us how you see music and entertainment come to life in Chicago.
Join the fun and make sure you are following along.
Don’t forget, enter by following us on Instagram at @chicagosuntimes and including #thisismychi when you post.
For Official Rules, read below:
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The #THISISMYCHI Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is being organized by Sun-Times Media, LLC (the “Sun-Times”) and sponsored by Illinois 200 (together with Sun-Times, and including all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents, the “Sponsors”). The Sweepstakes will begin on Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 9 a.m. and end on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. (“Sweepstakes Period”). One (1) winner will be chosen each week of the Sweepstakes Period, which will occur between Thursday at 9 a.m. and Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. (a “Sweepstakes Week”). To enter, prior to 7:30 pm on the Tuesday of the applicable Sweepstakes Week: (1) Take a picture that best describes the theme of the Sweepstakes Week; (2) Tag the Chicago Sun-Times on Instagram (3) use the hashtag #Thisismychi; and (4) Become a follower of the Chicago Sun-Times Instagram account. All entrants must have a valid Instagram account. Limit of ten (10) entries per person per Sweepstakes Week. All entries for a Sweepstakes Week must be received before 7:30 p.m. on the Tuesday of the applicable Sweepstakes Week.
Entrants may not register with multiple Instagram accounts. Nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple Instagram accounts under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to register/play multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won. If multiple users of an Instagram account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address that controls access to the Instagram account. Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) who tampers with the entry process. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification.
Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, delayed, unclear, incomplete, misdirected, or ineligible entries which will be disqualified, or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstake. The computer clock of Sun-Times is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstake. All time periods listed are for the Central Time Zone.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin aged 18 years or older, except employees of Sponsors, their parent(s) and affiliated companies, advertising agencies, and relatives of and those living in the same household as such employees. For the purpose of this Sweepstakes, relatives are defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On the Wednesday following each Sweepstakes Week during the Sweepstakes Period, Sun-Times or its designated judges (whose decisions are final) will conduct a random drawing among all eligible entries to determine one (1) Prize winner. The winners will be notified that they may have won a Prize in this Sweepstakes by Instagram. If the winners do not respond to the Prize notification, or If a Sweepstakes communication is rejected or returned as undeliverable or a winner cannot be reached after a reasonable attempt has been made by Sun-Times (as determined by Sun-Times in its sole discretion), such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all eligible entries. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. The winners’ name may be published in any publication and/or website of Sun-Times.
4. PRIZES/ODDS: During each Sweepstakes Week, each of the winners will receive two (2) Illinois Bicentennial Celebration tickets (each ticket has a $50.00 approximate retail value) (“Prize”). The approximate retail value of each Sweepstakes’ Week’s Prizes is $100 and the total approximate retail value of all Prizes during the Sweepstakes Period is $1,800. Actual values may vary. Winners will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Winners will not be allowed to select their Prize. Failure to use a Prize after it has been accepted by a winner will not excuse the winner from having to pay taxes on the accepted Prize.
Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. All Prizes legitimately claimed will be awarded. No transfers, substitutions, or cash redemptions will be made for Prizes. In addition, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a Prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value whether due to the unavailability of a Prize or Prize component, or for any other reason. Prizes are non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded.
Sponsors will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates. If any winner cannot attend the Prize event on the date specified, such winner will forfeit that portion of his/her Prize and Sponsors will not be obligated to provide any sort of substitute ticket or compensation. All state, federal, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, regardless if a Prize is redeemed. All departure taxes, insurance, fees and fuel surcharges (including, airport departure taxes, airport arrival taxes, airline fuel surcharges, and tour-guard insurance) are the sole responsibility of a winner and must be paid by winner prior to departure. All travel expenses, lodging, ground transportation and any other expenses not specified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of each winner.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/REQUIREMENTS: By entering entrant agrees to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify Sponsors with respect to or arising out of any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize awarded in the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any claims for damage to property, personal injury, death or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or merchandise delivery. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. By entering, entrant further agrees that (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights, claims, and causes of action against Sponsors for any punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b)all causes of action against Sponsors arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award against Sponsors shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing or typographical errors in these Official Rules or any other materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
By entering this Sweepstakes and accepting a Prize, each winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Sweepstakes activity, including attendance at any Prize event. Each winner understands and agrees that Sponsors each have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any winner or his/her guest from the Prize event at any time if a winner or his/her guest’s behavior at any point is disruptive or may or does cause damage to person, property or the reputation of promotional partner or Sponsor or otherwise violates the policies of the Prize providers.
Each winner will be required (in Sponsors’ sole discretion) to sign and return a claim form and an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of receipt of a Prize or his/her Prize may be forfeited. Each winner’s guest will also be required (in Sponsors’ sole discretion) to sign a liability/publicity release as directed by Sponsors. In the event of noncompliance with any of the foregoing requirements, the Prize may be forfeited. All Prize claims, affidavits of eligibility and liability/publicity releases are subject to verification by Sponsors.
Entrants enter at their own risk and the Sponsors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any condition caused by events beyond their control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right to revise these Official Rules and/or to permanently disqualify any person they believe has violated these Official Rules.
6. GENERAL RULES: By entering the Sweepstakes (except where prohibited by law), entrants consent to the use of their names, pictures, likenesses, voices, biographical data, and/or any information contained in their entry in advertising, promotion and marketing materials throughout the world in any medium now or hereafter invented, including on the internet, by Sun-Times and third party marketing entities, without additional compensation, notification, review, or approval. Sun-Times’ decisions will be final in all matters related to this Sweepstakes, the interpretation of these Official Rules and awarding of the Prizes. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sun-Times reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. DO NOT call Sponsors as this Sweepstakes will not be discussed by phone, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
7. CHOICE OF LAW/VENUE. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sun-Times in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings shall take place in Cook County, Illinois.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For the name of the winner of any Sweepstakes Week(s), send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: #THISISMYCHI Winner’s List, 30 N. Racine Ave. Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60607. Requests must be received no later than three (3) months following the close of the Sweepstakes.
9. In the event parties other than Sun-Times fail or refuse to provide any portion of the Prize, each winner, by entering the Sweepstakes, agrees to release Sun-Times from any and all liability for any such Prize and also agrees to look solely to such other parties for any Prize.
10. SPONSORS: Sun-Times Media, LLC, 30 N. Racine Ave. Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60607, Illinois Chamber Foundation, 215 East Adams Street, Springfield, IL 62701.