Naperville high-rise evacuated due to carbon monoxide, natural gas

SHARE Naperville high-rise evacuated due to carbon monoxide, natural gas
SHARE Naperville high-rise evacuated due to carbon monoxide, natural gas

(NAPERVILLE) A 12-floor building in west suburban Naperville was evacuated early Monday after receiving calls of a natural gas leak.

Authorities responded to the building in the 2100 block of City Gate Lane about 4:30 a.m., according to a statement from the Naperville Fire Department. The building had elevated readings of natural gas and carbon monoxide.

Officials determined the gas and carbon monoxide were the result of a malfunctioning heating/air conditioning unit on the roof, the statement said.

The natural gas supply was shut off and building ventilated until readings for gas and carbon monoxide reached zero, the statement said.

Occupants were allowed to return to the building. No injuries or illness were reported.

The Latest
The shooting happened about 10:40 p.m. near Chicago Avenue and State Street. Fire officials said the eight wounded were taken to hospitals in serious to critical condition.
Family member who arranged a party for bride-to-be is chided for not giving a present as well.
‘You cannot remember the film without first remembering the poster,’ artist Dawn Baille says of the depiction of Robert De Niro as Jake LaMotta in the Martin Scorcese film.
Ongoing studies at Nachusa Grasslands, and other places, tells more about ornate box turtles and their place as shown by a day with Matt Allender and his team as well as John Rucker and his Boykin spaniels.
The laughter has an edge when the crazy hijinks could get deadly serious at any moment.