Four in critical condition after carbon monoxide exposure on Far South Side

SHARE Four in critical condition after carbon monoxide exposure on Far South Side

Four people were listed in critical condition after being exposed to a “lethal” level of carbon monoxide on the Far South Side on Wednesday night.

The four — whose ages and genders were not available — were exposed to the gas in a single-family home in the 300 block of West 107th Street, according to Fire Media Affairs. The stove burners inside the home were on full.

The carbon monoxide levels were measured at 1000 parts per million, a “lethal level,” fire media said.

They were taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park, Roseland Community Hospital and MetroSouth Medical Center in Blue Island, according to fire media.

Sustained carbon monoxide concentrations above 150 to 200 ppm can cause disorientation, unconsciousness and death, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

The Latest
JetBlue said even though both companies believe in the benefits of a combination, they felt they were unlikely to meet the required closing conditions before a July 24 deadline.
Mortensen announced in 2016 that he he had been diagnosed with throat cancer.
The court reversed a Colorado Supreme Court decision to knock Trump from that state’s ballot.
One person was taken to a nearby hospital and pronounced dead, Illinois State Police said.
The 40th and 48th Wards and surrounding neighborhoods may notice more officers, police helicopter.