Chicago Police release photos of shooting suspect

SHARE Chicago Police release photos of shooting suspect

Chicago Police issued photos Sunday of a suspect in a shooting last month that left a 16-year-old boy wounded on the South Side.

The shooting happened about 1:15 p.m. on Feb. 16 in the 6200 block of South Cottage Grove, police said.

The suspect walked up to a 16-year-old, pulled out a gun and fired as the teen tried to run away, police said. The teen was shot in the lower back and taken in serious condition to University of Chicago Hospital.

The suspect ran from the scene before he was caught, but detectives were able to secure surveillance images, police said.

He is described as a black male with short hair, between 16 and 18 years old, 6-foot and 6-foot-2, and 150-160 pounds. He was wearing a red jacket over a black hooded sweatshirt.

Police advise the public to consider the male armed and dangerous. Anyone who recognizes the suspect is asked to call Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8380.

Chicago Police issued this surveillance photo Sunday of a suspect in a shooting last month in Woodlawn. | Chicago Police

Chicago Police issued this surveillance photo Sunday of a suspect in a shooting last month in Woodlawn. | Chicago Police

The Latest
The three-alarm blaze broke out about 5:45 p.m. Tuesday at Commercial Pallet, 2029 W. Hubbard St., according to the Chicago Fire Department. Crews were rotated out as high temperatures and humidity made the firefight more difficult.
A record 2.25 million viewers tuned into CBS Sports’ broadcast of the Sky’s 91-83 loss to Indiana.
Sade Robinson, 19, was reported missing April 2. Maxwell Anderson, 33, is charged with killing and dismembering Robinson. Robinson’s body parts were found in various areas near Milwaukee.