While Hillary Clinton would sweep the GOP in Ohio, her lead is narrowing.
The latest poll released by Quinnipiac University on Thursday shows Clinton would beat all of the potential GOP candidates in Ohio by at least 7 percentage points.
Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio are the closest potential challengers.
Here’s the rundown:
- 48 – 39 percent over former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush;
- 47 – 40 percent over U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida;
- 49 – 41 percent over U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky;
- 46 – 38 percent over N.J. Gov. Christopher Christie;
- 48 – 41 percent over U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin;
- 51 – 37 percent over U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas;
- 49 – 41 percent over former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.
Clinton has done well in Ohio in the past, as she won the Democratic primary there in 2008.
But her numbers are from the last poll in February, where she had at least a 13 percentage point lead over Rand Paul, Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush.