Police are warning residents in the South Side Kenwood neighborhood about armed robberies in late October.
In each robbery, a group of offenders approaches victims, displays a handgun and takes their property, according to a police alert. In some of the robberies, the offenders have physically attacked the victims.
The robberies have occurred at the following places and times:
– In the 4700 block of South Ellis on Oct. 18 about 12:30 p.m.
– In the 900 block of East 44th Street on Oct. 20 about 5:33 p.m.
– In the 1100 block of East 48th Street on Oct. 27 about 5:10 p.m.
– In the 4600 block of South Ellis on Oct. 27 about 5:25 p.m.
– In the 4800 block of South Dorchester on Oct. 28 about 5:07 p.m.
The robbers are described as a group of four to six between the ages of 12 to 24, police said.
Anyone with information should contact Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8382.