Police: Man threw other driver’s keys into traffic after crash

SHARE Police: Man threw other driver’s keys into traffic after crash
SHARE Police: Man threw other driver’s keys into traffic after crash

(OAK BROOK) A Darien man has been charged with aggravated assault after a road rage attack in west suburban Oak Brook Friday morning.

Officers were called to Route 83 near I-88 about 8:12 a.m. for reports of a two-vehicle crash,

according to a statement from Oak Brook police.

When officers arrived, a 48-year-old Lemont man told them that he and a man later identified as Robert Kasanda, 57, of the 7000 block of Exner Road in Darien, had gotten into an argument over a road rage incident that ended in a crash, police said.

During the argument, Kasanda brandished a knife and pointed it at the man before taking the victim’s car keys from the ignition and throwing them into traffic, police said. He then damaged the driver’s side of the victim’s car before getting back into his own vehicle and driving away.

The Lemont man was not injured, police said.

Kasanda was later arrested at his workplace in Wood Dale and charged with two counts of aggravated assault, one count of damage to property and one count of trespass to a motor vehicle, police said. He was also cited for leaving the scene of an accident and failure to exchange information or render aid after a crash.

Kasanda was processed at the Oak Brook Police Department and released on bond, police said.

The Latest
Emmy Rossum sparkles as the blonde phenomenon who put herself on billboards and willed herself into stardom.
Following an investigation into allegations of rampant sexual abuse and harassment among its lifeguards, and a national lifeguard shortage, the Park District is trying to attract summer workers with a monetary bonus.
WGN will celebrate Roan all next week on its 9 p.m. newscasts and especially on its “GN Sports” shows at 10:30.
What’s a bear market? And other things you should know about where the economy might be heading.
Antonique Alexander was pronounced dead Wednesday evening at Mount Sinai Medical Center, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.