clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Woman hospitalized after Chatham fire

A woman was hospitalized for smoke inhalation after a fire started at a home in the South Side Chatham neighborhood early Tuesday.

The fire began at a two-story frame house in the 8100 block of South Vincennes shortly after 4 a.m., according to Fire Media Affairs.

A 66-year-old woman was taken to Saint Bernard Hospital and Health Care Center for smoke inhalation, Fire Media Affairs said. She was listed in good condition.

Authorities were still at the scene of the fire as of 5 a.m.