Meatheads is a chain of fast-casual burger restaurants throughout the Chicagoland area. Each month, it recognizes a student-athlete in the area surrounding each location for his or her accomplishments on and off the field.
1. How do you exemplify Meatheads’ values of determination, hustle and hard work?
I exemplify Meatheads’ values by always working as hard as I can no matter if I am playing basketball or if I am doing my schoolwork. I am always determined to do the best I can and try to never let anyone out-work me.
2. What were your greatest athletic and academic achievements over the last month?
My greatest athletic achievement over the last month was helping my team win games and be [in] first place in our conference. Academically, my greatest achievement was getting good grades last semester and being on the honor roll.
3. Is there a teammate, coach, faculty or family member you’d credit most with your athletic and academic successes?
I would credit my successes to my dad because ever since I was young he has worked with me, taught me and turned me into the person I am today academically and athletically.
4. Where are you going to college, or where do you want to go? Do you plan on playing a sport there?
I have not decided where I am going to college. I would like to play basketball in college. However, if I don’t I would like to go to a big school close to home.
5. Who is your favorite athlete playing today, collegiate or professional?
Kevin Durant is my favorite athlete playing today because he is one of the best basketball players in the world, and he shows that hard work pays off.
6. What’s on your iPod right now?
On my iPod, I have a variety of music and apps. I don’t listen to a lot of music, but the music on my phone are songs that I listen to before my games to get me ready and pumped up.
7. What’s the best movie or television show you’ve seen recently?
The best TV show I have seen recently is Breaking Bad. It is a show you cannot stop watching because it is so action-packed.
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
In 10 years, I see myself graduated from college, living on my own and starting a career that I enjoy.
9. What is your favorite motivational quote?
“Never give up! Failure and rejection are only the first step to succeeding.” Jimmy V (Jim Valvano)