Man charged with murder of former pro basketball player

SHARE Man charged with murder of former pro basketball player

A west suburban man has been charged with the murder of a former pro basketball player in northwest suburban Bloomingdale in December.

Jeffrey Keller, 51, of Hinsdale was charged with the Dec. 22, 2014, shooting death of 37-year-old Nathan Fox at his Bloomingdale home, the DuPage County state’s attorney’s office announced Friday.

Fox was found with multiple gunshot wounds to his upper body at 9:34 p.m. at his home in the 200 block of Tamarack Lane, prosecutors said.  He was taken to Glen Oaks Medical Center in Glendale Heights where he was later died, police said at the time.

Prosecutors said Keller went to Fox’s home earlier that day and waited for him to return. He allegedly approached Fox and shot him while he was exiting his vehicle.

Fox played 13 season of professional basketball in Europe after graduating from Plainfield High School, the Sun-Times Media Wire reported at the time.

Prior to his pro career, Fox received a full scholarship to play basketball at Boston College. He would later transfer and graduate from the University of Maine with a degree in communications, according to his obituary.

He finished his career by winning the Belgian Basketball Cup, the top tier national competition in Belgium.

Judge George Bakalis ordered Keller held without bond Friday morning, according to the state’s attorney’s office. He is scheduled for arraignment on Jan. 21.


The Latest
Nyzireya Moore was riding in a car with her family in March when a group began shooting at another car in the 2300 block of West 72nd Street, about a block from where she lived.
Jose Castro named hitting coach, Eddie Rodriguez third base coach; White Sox add five newcomers to manager Pedro Grifol’s first staff
The statue is a marble replica of Michelangelo’s Pieta, depicting the body of Jesus on the lap of his mother, Mary, after the crucifixion.
David Wiersma, 68, was arrested in Posen and charged along with Dawn Frankowski in September 2021. He pleaded guilty in late August to misdemeanor parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building.
The ban regularly results in hundreds of motorists waking up and wondering where their car went.