Man charged with shooting 18-year-old in face in Chicago Heights

SHARE Man charged with shooting 18-year-old in face in Chicago Heights
dewayne.jpg

Dewayne Robinson | Cook County sheriff’s office

A south suburban man is facing a number of charges after he allegedly shot another man in the face last week in Chicago Heights.

Dewayne Robinson, 20, is charged with attempted murder, home invasion, aggravated battery with a firearm, and aggravated discharge of a firearm, Chicago Heights Police Sgt. Mikal Elamin said.

About 12:45 a.m. on April 6, police responding to a call of shots fired at a home in the 500 block of Concord Court found an 18-year-old man shot in the face, Elamin said.

He was taken to Franciscan St. James Hospital and Health Center in Chicago Heights, where his condition was stabilized. He was then transferred to Stroger Hospital in Chicago. Elamin said the victim is expected to survive.

Robinson, of Chicago Heights, was identified as the shooter and charged on April 8, Elamin said. He was ordered held on a $750,000 bond at the Cook County Courthouse in Markham, according to the Cook County sheriff’s office.

He is next scheduled to appear in court on April 28.

The Latest
Bulls PR confirmed an ESPN report Saturday that Unseld Jr. was set to join the coaching staff. Expect the search to fill one more vacancy to continue as Billy Donovan adds big names to sit next to him.
The man, 26, suffered wounds to the stomach and back and was hospitalized in fair condition.
The 34-year-old victim died at the University of Chicago Medical Center Saturday evening, police said.
Shane Lowry thrust his way into the mix with a 62 to tie a major championship record last set just two days earlier. Bryson DeChambeau chipped in for eagle on the last hole to set off a wild celebration.