Child porn accuser drops lawsuit against Jared Fogle

SHARE Child porn accuser drops lawsuit against Jared Fogle
subway_spokesman_appe_newm.jpg

Former Subway pitchman Jared Fogle | AP file photo

INDIANAPOLIS — The family of one of Jared Fogle’s victims in the child pornography case that led to the former Subway pitchman’s imprisonment is dropping their lawsuit against him.

A motion filed Thursday in federal court in Indianapolis requested that the lawsuit be dismissed with prejudice, meaning it cannot be brought back to court.

Attorneys for the girl in March sued Fogle, the former head of his anti-obesity charity, Russell Taylor, and Taylor’s wife. Prosecutors said Taylor used cameras hidden in his Indianapolis-area homes to secretly film minors and shared some images with Fogle.

Ron Elberger, one of the lawyers representing Fogle, says he’s “pleased” with the dismissal and that there was no settlement between the parties.

The girl’s attorney, Mike Stephenson, declined to comment on the decision, telling WRTV only that the court filing speaks for itself.

Fogle, a 39-year-old former suburban Indianapolis man, was sentenced last year to more than 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to distributing and receiving child pornography and traveling out of state to engage in illicit sexual conduct with a minor. Fogle has paid restitution to 14 victims, but they can still sue him for additional money.


The Latest
The Platform Committee — some 200 Democrats from 57 states and territories — will hold a virtual hearing on July 9.
Count Fedde among GM Chris Getz’s most valuable commodities.
The All-Star Game, which will feature Team USA and a team of WNBA All-Stars, will be played in Phoenix on July 20.
The left-hander threw three innings and allowed 10 runs and 11 hits in Friday’s 11-1 loss to the Mets after allowing three hits and no runs in his first matchup against them.
Writer believed that without knowing history, people can have no perspective on on life today.