Chicago Police are warning residents about a series of recent armed robberies in the South Side Auburn Gresham and Greater Grand Crossing neighborhoods.
At least one male arranged to meet up with victims through the Offer UP smartphone application to buy or sell property and then robbed them at gunpoint, according to a community alert from police.
The robberies happened at:
- 5:45 p.m. April 27 in the 7700 block of South Green Street;
- 1:15 p.m. April 28 in the 6900 block of South Eberhart Avenue;
- 1:15 p.m. May 1 in the 7700 block of South Peoria Street;
- 12:50 p.m. May 3 in the 7600 block of South Peoria Street;
- and at 12:55 p.m. May 4 in the 7600 block of South Peoria Street.
The suspects are described as 17 to 22-year-old black males, standing 5-foot-5 to 5-foot-11, weighing 150-180 pounds and wearing black or maroon hooded sweatshirts, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Area South at (312) 747-8283.