A 71-year-old man died almost one year after a Portage Park fire on the Northwest Side.
The fire was reported at 1:18 a.m. Feb. 6, 2015 to a home in the 5200 block of West Eddy Street, police said at the time. Lester Fraszczynski, who lived in the home at the time of the fire, was taken to Our Lady of Resurrection Medical Center for burn treatment, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office and police.
Fraszczynski, of the 800 block of West Lawrence Avenue, was pronounced dead at 8:35 a.m. Saturday at Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care, according to the medical examiner’s office.
An autopsy Sunday found that Fraszczynski died of complications from carbon monoxide toxicity and inhalation of products of combustion, according to the medical examiner’s office. His death was ruled an accident.