clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

House fire in Evanston causes heavy smoke, displaces 1 resident

Evanston Fire Department photo

A fire Thursday night at a two-story house in Evanston displaced the resident of the home’s first floor and caused heavy smoke, but no one was hurt, according to the Evanston Fire Department.

The fire, which started in the first-floor kitchen, was reported just after 9 p.m. and was extinguished in about an hour, according to the fire department, which said the first-floor resident was being helped by the American Red Cross. Two residents of the second floor were able to remain in the house.