Residents displaced after Naperville fire

SHARE Residents displaced after Naperville fire
naperville_fire.jpg

Naperville Fire Department

No one was injured in a fire that left multiple people displaced early Wednesday in west suburban Naperville.

Crews were called at 12:44 a.m. to the multi-unit residential building in the 800 block of Beaumont Drive, according to a statement from the Naperville Fire Department. They arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the first floor.

The fire had originated in a dryer in the laundry room of a first-floor unit, fire officials said. The building was evacuated and the fire was brought under control within 15 minutes.

While no injuries were reported, the unit where the fire started was rendered uninhabitable, according to the fire department. The fire department assisted the residents with finding shelter.

All other residents were allowed to return to their homes once the scene was cleared.

The Latest
The former Sun-Times and Tribune sportswriter died Wednesday at 72.
Three women and a man were shot at 119th Street and Michigan Avenue in West Pullman about 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
With four straight double-doubles, Reese is the only rookie so far this season to eclipse 100 points and 100 rebounds.
A severe thunderstorm watch was issued through 10 p.m. in Kankakee, Grundy and Will counties.