A man was shot and killed on the Eisenhower late Thursday morning, the second fatal shooting in just over six hours on the West Side expressway.
Troopers responded to shots fired about 11:50 a.m. in the eastbound lanes of I-290 at Central Avenue, according to Illinois State Police.
A passenger in a vehicle, 23-year-old Devon Almon, was shot and the driver took him to West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park, authorities said.
Almon, whose home address was not immediately known, was pronounced dead at 12:20 p.m., authorities said. The female driver was not wounded.
The ramp from I-290 eastbound to Central Avenue was closed for more than two hours after the shooting, but has since reopened.
About 5:30 a.m., two people were shot on the outbound Eisenhower near Laramie Avenue.
Johnathan Ortiz, 22, was pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital at 6:18 a.m., according to the medical examiner’s office. He lived in the 3100 block of West Monroe.
The female was listed in critical condition at Stroger, police said. Her age was not released.
There have been 41 shootings on Chicago-area expressways so far in 2016, police said. Last year, there were 39 total shootings on Chicago expressways.
Anyone who witnessed either of the shootings is asked to call Illinois State Police at (847) 294-4400. Callers can remain anonymous.