Fire extinguished in Rosemont convention center bathroom

SHARE Fire extinguished in Rosemont convention center bathroom
mihalo_cst_010714_07_51079867.jpg

Sun-Times file photo

A small fire broke out Saturday morning at a convention center in northwest suburban Rosemont.

The Rosemont Public Safety Department responded at 11:27 a.m. to a report of the smell of smoke at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, authorities said in a statement. A small fire was found in a public restroom and quickly put out with a fire extinguisher.

No injuries have been reported, the safety department said.

The Rosemont Public Safety Department was investigating the fire.

The Latest
Residents who recently purchased their first home postponed buying to work on credit scores and dipped into retirement and savings accounts to come up with a down payment.
We want to prepare for the bad and set ourselves up to live within the comfort money can offer. But financial comfort is different for everyone.
Daughter-in-law has an eating disorder and makes unusual meal choices for herself, her husband and their daughter.
The deal includes opt-outs after the first and second years.