Cops find ‘no evidence’ of threat to Wheaton North HS after social media post

SHARE Cops find ‘no evidence’ of threat to Wheaton North HS after social media post
screen_shot_2018_05_11_at_10_40_21_am_e1526053285792.png

Wheaton North High School | Google Maps

A social media post about a shooting threat at a west suburban Wheaton high school appeared to be unfounded, authorities said.

Authorities were notified Thursday about a social media post “warning of a potential shooting to occur at Wheaton North High School on May 11, 2018,” according to a statement from the Wheaton Police Department.

Wheaton Police Deputy Chief Bill Murphy said the post was not a hoax and the person who created it apparently believed there was a legitimate threat.

Investigators identified an 18-year-old Wheaton man as “the originator of the alleged threat” and interviewed him and his guardian, police said. Detectives conducted a search and found that the man didn’t have any weapons and there was “no evidence of plans to engage in violence.”

The matter remained under investigation Friday and no criminal charges had been filed, Murphy said.

The Latest
“I need to get back to being myself,” the starting pitcher told the Sun-Times, “using my full arsenal and mixing it in and out.”
Bellinger left Tuesday’s game early after crashing into the outfield wall at Wrigley Field.
Their struggling lineup is the biggest reason for the Sox’ atrocious start.
The Sox hit two homers, but Garrett Crochet allowed five runs in the 6-3 loss to the Twins.